Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Wiiiiiiiii Madness!

What is it about men and video games? Seriously! It almost seems like a requirement that they are obsessed with them. Almost all of the guys I know are into them at least a little bit...so for you wives that have husbands that aren't...count yourself very lucky! David is going to be in for a rude awakening when we have kids and they become old enough to know what is going on, as I don't want them having too much "screen time" and that means their dad is going to have to set a good example! David definitely knows how I feel about this already and he kinds groans and says "I knoooow" whenever I mention it, but I'm not sure he realizes just how strict I'm going to be about it.

Now for my video game confession. While I could be very happy my entire life without ever playing a single round of WOW or game of Halo...I kinda want a Nintendo Wii. David has wanted one for a while now and he has been working really hard lately, so I decided to play the "I'm such a super-nice wife card" and told him if he can find one (as they are still sold-out many places) he can get it as an early birthday present. At first he was like "well, we should make sure we spend our money carefully." Yeah, that attitude lasted all of 4 days, and by the next weekend he was calling store after store to find someone who had a Wii instock. He even got up early on Sunday morning to go wait for an hour at a store that he had called and who told him they would have them instock only to have the store open and him rush in along with a bunch of other people and find out the person on the phone was a big nincompoop and didn't know what they were talking about. He was disappointed and surprisingly, so was I. I had been looking forward to my afternoon of virtual bowling!

So, if anyone sees David, don't tell him that I actually really do want him to get a Wii, it'll just give him way too much teasing potential! ;)

No comments: